Network community with county, state, and local resources to find solutions and assistance for residents and businesses. Enhance community engagement and communication that provides the knowledge and solutions through programs and activities. Assist with resources, solutions, or answers needed to address concerns forwarded through community engagement meetings. Exchange information and maintain a connection of resources that will make a better community for all. Provide information for social media updates and communications as needed.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Work, Business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of county, state and local resources including non-profits.
- Skill and experience effectively communicating verbally and in writing to diverse socio-economic people and groups.
- Interpersonal skill to develop and maintain effective working relationships with community, business groups, officials, co-workers, other agencies, and the public.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work variable work schedule including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan drivers’ license.
- Experience supervising and managing people.
- Knowledge of financial management practices to include budget development.
- Ability to be self-motivated with minimum supervision.
Closing Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Oversee, plan, organize and administer a diversified program of recreation within the Township utilizing the parks, the community center building and related facilities. Participate in master planning for parks & recreation and programs. Responsible for day-to-day operational functions including building maintenance, administration, and supervision of full-time and seasonal personnel. Responsible for all financial management functions of the department.
Applicant must have:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of recreation management.
- Skill to plan, organize, supervise, and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in a variety of recreation programs.
- Interpersonal skill to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the public, elected officials, employees, and consultants.
- Ability to work with numbers to prepare budget and analyze department programming.
- Analytical ability to evaluate financial reports and usage data.
- Skill in the use of computers and knowledge of recreation software programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management, Sports Management or equivalent with a minimum of five years supervisory experience required.
- Certified Park & Recreation Professional Certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver License with a good driving record.
- Employee must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
Closing Date: Friday, October 20, 2023
Requirements to Apply:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Photo Identification
- Valid drivers license with good record; no more than 6pts in the last 5 years
- Applicants with an out of state drivers license must provide a copy of their driving record from the Secretary of State office that issued the license
- Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II Certification
- State of Michigan or Equivalent “Emergency Medical Technician—Basic License”
- Written exam through Conference of Western Wayne or EMPCO with a 70% or above.
- Valid nationally recognized CPAT test
- Copies of certificates must be submitted with the application packet
Applications are also available from the Human Resource Department, Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Contact the Human Resource Department at 734.544.4000 (ext 5) or email@example.com.
Application packets can be mailed to: Charter Township of Ypsilanti HR Department, 7200 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197, or fax to 734.484.5160.
All application packets must be received by no later than 4:00pm on Friday, December 15, 2023. Application packets will not be accepted outside the October 16, 2023 - December 15, 2023 time frame.
The Charter Township of Ypsilanti is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As such, the Charter Township of Ypsilanti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), national origin, disability, genetic information (GINA), height, weight, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal laws.
This policy of equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination applies to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, working conditions and training.
Submit employment applications in person to the Human Resource Department located on the second floor of the Tiden R. Stumbo Civic Center or online via the application link below. Applications remain on file for one year and are considered active for positions that become open. Employment opportunities are posted within the following publications and agencies: